Capping and Stormwater Systems
Edgeboro can provide a well-designed capping system that can help prevent slope failure on landfill closure projects. Caps should be designed using appropriate materials with stability as the main focus.
There are several materials that can be utilized:
– Geomembrane (HDPE) and Soil Composites (Clay)
– Synthetic Cover
– Monosoil or Water-based covers
The design of a landfill cap is site specific and depends on the intended functions of the system. Caps must be maintained to prevent erosion and stormwater ponding leading to the migration of contaminants.
Edgeboro can help prevent these problems by:
– Minimizing exposure on the surface of the waste facility
– Installing lined drainage channels
– Routing surface water and groundwater away from the landfill
– Grading the surface to eliminate depressions and provide positive drainage
– Developing and maintaining a protective cover of vegetation
For more information call 732-227-1356 or CLICK HERE